What personal information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title,
- Contact information including e-mail address,
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences, and interests,
- Information related to your transactions with us,
- Location information to enable us to find nearby distributors or channel partners, and
- Other information related to you or your preferences, such as project/application information, surveys and/or offers.
Such personal information may be collected from you directly via forms you fill out; in connection with product orders or other transactions with us; from communications with us; from surveys; from publicly available sources (where permissible by applicable law) and in connection with setting up an account with us.
We and our third-party analytics providers (“Analytics Providers”) may collect information about your usage and interaction with our websites and Services, including domain name, referring web page, and the length of time spent and the pages accessed while visiting our Services (collectively, “Usage Information”). Usage Information may be collected via web beacons, tags, cookies, device identifiers, IP addresses, and other tracking mechanisms.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Usage Information gathered by cookies and other technologies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies and other Usage Information help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not and customize and improve website user experience. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We do not link Usage Information to personal information. Our third-party Analytics Providers do not collect personal information linked personally to you or do so acting as our service provider.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require certain types of information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We use and process your personal information for reasonable and legitimate business purposes, including to provide products and services you have purchased, to administer and manage our relationship with you, to fulfill contractual obligations to you, to customize content for you, to comply with legal obligations, and to communicate with you about our company and its services, activities, publications and events, including for the following purposes:
- For internal record keeping for business purposes.
- To gather information required to quote a solution to meet the needs of your specific project/application.
- To improve our products and services.
- To provide support or respond to your comments or requests for information.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information collected to customize our Services according to your interests.
How we share the information we gather
We may share your personal information as follows:
- With third-party service providers performing functions on our behalf, including hosting agents, payment processors, shipping companies, and parties whom we have hired to help us provide a product or service you have requested (for example, an entity connected with distributing a communication on our behalf);
- With third parties whom you have authorized to receive such information;
- When we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other Tuthill clients or website users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- In response to a subpoena or when we believe in good faith that the law requires or permits disclosure or to respond to an emergency situation.
- In the event Tuthill or its assets are sold, merged, or otherwise involved in a corporate transaction, your personal information will likely be transferred as part of that transaction. We will make reasonable efforts to see that your privacy preferences are honored by the transferee.
When you request a quote for products and services, we will share your personal information with third party distributors or channel partners that sell or distribute our products and services and they may contact you regarding your project. Such third parties may use your personal information for their own direct marketing purposes, and by requesting a quote or otherwise authorizing disclosure of your information, you are consenting to such use. Except as disclosed in this section, we do not otherwise disclose or sell your personal information to third parties, including for their direct marketing purposes.
We may anonymize, pseudonymize, aggregate or de-personalize personal information to create non-personally identifiable information (“Anonymized Data”). We may use Anonymized Data for statistical purposes, demographic analysis, marketing and advertising activities, and other business purposes, and may share Anonymized Data with business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure personal information we collect online. We will comply with all privacy laws and make any legally required disclosures regarding breaches of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of personal information consistent with our ability to determine the scope of a breach and our obligations to relevant law enforcement.
Links to other websites
Retention and location of data
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Tuthill Corporation, ATTN: Privacy, 8500 S. Madison Street, Burr Ridge, IL 60527, United States of America. Or email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the opt-in box and check it if you would like to receive e-mails from Tuthill Corporation
- You may request your personal information which we hold about you. To make this request, please write to Tuthill Corporation, ATTN: Privacy, 8500 S. Madison Street, Burr Ridge, IL 60527, United States of America. Or email email@example.com.
Your California privacy rights – CCPA Notice
If you are an individual within the State of California, USA, the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California statutes may apply to the personal information that you provide us through this Website or Services or otherwise through your interaction with us. If so, we are required by the CCPA and other California statutes to provide additional information to you, which you can find in our California Privacy Statement. https://www.tuthill.com/legal/ccpa-statement
Do Not Track
We do not collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities over time and across third party web sites, and therefore we do not currently employ a process for responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers, mobile devices, or other mechanisms. We do not have arrangements with any third parties (such as third party advertising networks and social media platforms) authorizing them to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website or Services.
Policies for children
We do not intentionally collect or use any personal information from users under 18 years of age. No data should be submitted to our website or Services by users under 18 years of age.