Job Title: IT Administrator
LOB Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reports to: IT Manager
Conscious Company is a tough-minded community that is rooted in authenticity and secured by common values (Integrity, respect, responsibility, courage, awareness, excellence). Inviting the joyful pursuit of big dreams. As members of a diverse community, Tuthill people choose to embrace the following Our Way behaviors:
Curiosity - Keeps the Knowledge Pie front and center. Remains open to possibilities always testing assumptions. Makes continuous improvement a way of life for self and for the team.
Clarity - Strives to be clear in all communication. Conveys clear “yes’s” and “no’s”. Ensures all activities are in support of the Compass and Policy Deployment.
Grit – Lives into the spirit and intent of Policy Deployment. Will persevere through challenges and knows when to renegotiate designed partnerships and/or ask for help.
Grace – Knows the difference between Grace and care taking. Gives people Grace when they get a “red dot” and invites the learning for the individual to grow. Also gives Grace to themselves when they take a step back. Will enter into rigorous dialogue to find the root cause of the unintended outcome. Always looking for the learning. Possesses humility that invites others to flourish.
Gratitude – Takes time to appreciate the journey to this point. Shares the acknowledgement with others. Acknowledges their contribution to the current success.
Love – Has compassion for others' perspectives while making their stand. Able to put themselves in others shoes and appreciates different perspectives in the context of the Compass. Feels a calling for our journey that shows up in unquestionable aliveness.
Summary of ideal candidate: The IT Administrator reports to the IT Manager and is responsible to provide conscious and accountable leadership within the Tuthill Transfer Systems Information Technology (TTS - IT) team ensuring organizational effectiveness by way of continuous improvement.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Model the Compass behaviors on a daily basis (Curiosity, Clarity, Grit, Grace, Gratitude, and Love).
- Create and build relationships with a diverse distributor and end users community.
- Interact with customers using their desired means of communication, telephone, internet, fax.
- Demonstrate grit and a sense of urgency for real time problem solving to identify and eliminate Inside Sales problems so they never happen again.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all employees across all functions (Sales, Sales Reps, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Engineering) to engage and inspire them to create an environment for sustainable continuous improvement and success.
- Image, provision, deploy, and support Microsoft Windows desktop systems (v. 7, 8.1, 10)
- Install, configure, and support Office 365 and Office 2016
- Administer Active Directory accounts
- Maintain and troubleshoot LAN and WAN network connectivity
- Support technology requirements of remote/traveling Tuthill Transfer System resources
- Rigorously use continuous improvement through the application of Conscious Company and TBS tools
- Achieve PD goals and effectively communicate with supervisor to reinforce an appreciation of your impact in PD and the financial results of the LOB
- Contribute to the creation and development of a Top 1% information technology function with timely utilization of the Tuthill Performance Excellence Process that links directly to PD
- Resolve problems real time with discipline and a sense of urgency to identify and eliminate problems so they never happen again
- Engage with corporate IT and other departments to strategically utilize technology to enhance productivity
- Perform other related assignments as supervisor directs
Experience /Skill Requirements:
- At least 2 years of information technology experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the Tuthill organization and with other business partners
- Extensive installation and support knowledge of Windows v. 7, 8.1, and 10
- Microsoft SharePoint experience is desirable
- Knowledge of PC network connectivity and administration
- Knowledge of cloud-based telecommunication systems is a plus
- Mobile device and services management experience
- Use of remote support tools (UltraVNC, RDP, etc.)
- Ability to methodically analyze and troubleshoot issues related to PCs, Windows O/S, Microsoft Office 365/2016, network connectivity, and other software
- Knowledge of conference room audio/visual equipment connectivity and operation
- Proficient in the use of the personal computer and the Microsoft Office 365 / 2016 software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive)
- Knowledge of KACE/QUEST system is a plus
- Knowledge of business processes (order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, manufacturing execution, etc.) is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Works at a desk with a PC and a telephone for hours at a time
- Frequent walking throughout building and manufacturing plant with occasional exposure to noise, heat, cold, fumes and chemicals
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 lbs
- Ability to travel (<5%) outside of the Fort Wayne area for up to 4 days at a time