Job Title: Customer Service Representative
LOB Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reports to: Inside Sales Manager
Conscious Company is a tough-minded community that is rooted in authenticity and secured by common values (Integrity, respect, responsibility, courage, awareness, excellence). Inviting the joyful pursuit of big dreams. As members of a diverse community, Tuthill people choose to embrace the following Our Way behaviors:
Curiosity - Keeps the Knowledge Pie front and center. Remains open to possibilities always testing assumptions. Makes continuous improvement a way of life for self and for the team.
Clarity - Strives to be clear in all communication. Conveys clear “yes’s” and “no’s”. Ensures all activities are in support of the COMPASS and Policy Deployment.
Grit – Lives into the spirit and intent of Policy Deployment. Will persevere through challenges and knows when to renegotiate designed partnerships and/or ask for help.
Grace – Knows the difference between Grace and caretaking. Gives people Grace when they get a “red dot” and invites the learning for the individual to grow. Also gives Grace to themselves when they take a step back. Will enter into rigorous dialogue to find the root cause of the unintended outcome. Always looking for the learning. Possesses humility that invites others to flourish.
Gratitude – Takes time to appreciate the journey to this point. Shares the acknowledgement with others. Acknowledges their contribution to the current success.
Love – Has compassion for others perspectives while making their stand. Able to put themselves in others shoes and appreciates different perspectives in the context of the Compass. Feels a calling for our journey that shows up in unquestionable aliveness.
Summary of ideal candidate: Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service by way of continuous improvement and rigorous application of the TBS tools and processes. Actively participates in the development and execution of the Policy Deployment in the context of our Compass.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Model the COMPASS behaviors on a daily basis (Curiosity, Clarity, Grit, Grace, Gratitude, and Love).
- Create and build relationships with a diverse distributor and end users community.
- Interact with customers using their desired means of communication, telephone, internet, fax.
- Demonstrate grit and a sense of urgency for real time problem solving to identify and eliminate Inside Sales problems so they never happen again.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all employees across all functions (Sales, Sales Reps, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Engineering) to engage and inspire them to create an environment for sustainable continuous improvement and success.
- Understand the TTS portfolio of products, their applications, and provide technical support with ongoing feature and benefit training to talk them through technical troubleshooting.
- Assist in implementing new product and product enhancement releases through Design Partnerships with Marketing and Sales organizations.
- Enrich distributor knowledge on how to apply the products, how to sell the products, how to properly order and return products.
- Actively acquire market intelligence, including competitive offerings, price competitiveness and customer driven information regarding products and processes. Communicate via Feedback
Tuthill Business System:
- Adhere to policies (price, warranty etc) and procedures (work instructions) as established by the management team.
- Timely and accurately completes order entry, return good authorization, credit and Toolbox entries.
- Actively participates and executes Policy Deployment S.M.A.R.T. Goals.
- Administer sales policies and procedures through the rigorous application of our Compass and the TBS tools.
- Develop and utilize sales processes (Salesforce Playbook) through curiosity and grit to learn the TBS sales processes.
Experience /Skill Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years experience in a customer service or technical support related job, preferably with a technical products and in a manufacturing environment.
- Solid organizational skills demonstrated by prioritizing multiple demands with high degree of accuracy while managing interruptions with timely follow-through in a dynamic environment.
- Exhibits solid problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills as evidenced by an aptitude to comprehend and convey features and benefits of multiple industrial-type products:
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships by demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills (internally and externally); balances individual and team perspectives.
- Effectively communicates through both verbal and written means
- Intentionally sets expectations; bottom lining skills and active listening are especially important
- Proficient in the use of the personal computer, including customer portals, EDI and Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) SAP experience a plus.
- College Diploma preferred or related experience and high school diploma
- Significant desk time with extensive phone and computer usage