Job Title: Customer Service Manager
LOB Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Conscious Company is a tough-minded community that is rooted in authenticity and secured by common values (Integrity, respect, responsibility, courage, awareness, excellence). Inviting the joyful pursuit of big dreams. As members of a diverse community, Tuthill people choose to embrace the following Our Way behaviors:
Curiosity - Keeps the Knowledge Pie front and center. Remains open to possibilities always testing assumptions. Makes continuous improvement a way of life for self and for the team.
Clarity - Strives to be clear in all communication. Conveys clear “yes’s” and “no’s”. Ensures all activities are in support of the Compass and Policy Deployment.
Grit – Lives into the spirit and intent of Policy Deployment. Will persevere through challenges and knows when to renegotiate designed partnerships and/or ask for help.
Grace – Knows the difference between Grace and caretaking. Gives people Grace when they get a “red dot” and invites the learning for the individual to grow. Also gives Grace to themselves when they take a step back. Will enter into rigorous dialogue to find the root cause of the unintended outcome. Always looking for the learning. Possesses humility that invites others to flourish.
Gratitude – Takes time to appreciate the journey to this point. Shares the acknowledgement with others. Acknowledges their contribution to the current success.
Love – Has compassion for others perspectives while making their stand. Able to put themselves in others shoes and appreciates different perspectives in the context of the Compass. Feels a calling for our journey that shows up in unquestionable aliveness.
Summary of ideal candidate: Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service by way of continuous improvement and rigorous application of the TBS tools and processes. Actively participates in the development and execution of the Policy Deployment in the context of our Compass.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Model the Compass behaviors on a daily basis both internal and external to Tuthill Transfer Systems. Be the Brand – It’s who we are, what we do, and what we say.
- Inspire, engage and enroll the Tuthill Transfer Systems Customer Service team in the disciplined and rigorous use of continuous improvement through the blend of Our Way Behaviors and TBS tools.
- Develop strategy for Customer Service which supports the TTS three-year plan of 20% annual sales growth and top 1% financial performance, as well as set and achieve related budgets including capital expenditures.
- Facilitate S.M.A.R.T. How's to support the execution of the TTS PD for direct reports.
- Uses the Tuthill Performance Excellence process is support of team member development and Policy Deployment achievement. Thereby, effectively communicating appreciation of their efforts, their impact in Policy Deployment and the financial results on our LOB.
- Creates & Improves Business Systems and robust processes that support our growth plan and progression towards becoming a Top 1% company.
- Establishes and effectively monitors department metrics using visual management and ensures quality responses by employing our Vision – An ingenious company supporting flourishing families and spirited communities.
- Builds relationships with personnel at all levels and channels of organization (internal/external) demonstrating the CC Tools through open dialogue.
- Supports daily activities of CS Team as needed during peak periods and/or vacations.
- Inspires team to resolve customer issues in a win-win manner; displays courage when policy may need to be revised to achieve the needs of both our business and the wants of our customers.
- Instill rigor and a sense of urgency for continuous improvement and real time problem resolution to identify and eliminate problems so they never happen again.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 5+ years experience managing a team in a customer service environment – must have both demonstrated customer service skills and management experience.
- Engaging and inviting leadership style for development of a highly motivated, challenged and effective team that achieves successful results.
- Forward thinking and possesses the ability to develop, document and implement systems and procedures that result in increased effectiveness for all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to create and improve customer service business systems including documentation of process, measures, metrics and continuous improvement using Lean tools.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office, SAP, Salesforce.com and experienced with customer portal applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships by demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills (internally and externally).
- Exhibits solid problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills as evidenced by an aptitude to comprehend and convey features and benefits of multiple industrial-type products.
- Able to communicate effectively through verbal and written means: bottom lining and active listening (golden silence) are especially important.
- Solid organizational and priority management skills, particularly in a dynamic environment.
- Motivated and disciplined to be proactive in working with clients, managing team, managing time, and managing self. Organized and goal-oriented.
Experience /Skill Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years experience in a customer service or technical support related job, preferably with a technical products and in a manufacturing environment.
- Solid organizational skills demonstrated by prioritizing multiple demands with high degree of accuracy while managing interruptions with timely follow-through in a dynamic environment.
- Exhibits solid problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills as evidenced by an aptitude to comprehend and convey features and benefits of multiple industrial-type products:
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships by demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills (internally and externally); balances individual and team perspectives.
- Effectively communicates through both verbal and written means
- Intentionally sets expectations; bottom lining skills and active listening are especially important
- Proficient in the use of the personal computer, including customer portals, EDI and Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) SAP experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related major preferred
- Associates Degree required
- Work environment includes office setting with multiple monitors and extensive phone usage.
- Occasional infrequent travel and visits to customers.